What is a Google My Business Listing?Once known as Google Places for Business, Google My Business (GMB) listings are essential for businesses looking to attract more customers. This free tool allows you to list your business’ location, address, and essential information that customers searching for your business may be looking for, such as:
- Your business’ description
- Opening and closing hours
- Contact information (phone number, email, social media account tags) Upcoming events
- Cover photos
Claiming or Creating a GMB ListingAs a business owner or manager, the first step is determining whether your business is eligible for a GMB listing. Next, you must meet the following criteria to create and set up your Google MyBusiness listing:
- You must run a business that interacts with customers in person.
- You must be currently open or about to open (within 90 days of sending an application).
- You must be the business owner or an authorized manager or representative.